Please use the following instructions for downloading the app
- UDBapp for App Store on Android Store
- Click on “Sign Up”
- Enter Ensemble Code – I will send on Remind
- Enter Ensemble Password – I will send on Remind
- Create your account
Please watch the following tutorial video:
To get us through the next two weeks and the fall season, we are asking anyone that is willing to donate a case or even a pallet of water to please do so. We go through about 500 bottles of water at every meal and 1000 bottles of water at a Friday night game. If you are willing to donate, we will have trailers set up outside the cafeteria at the MANDATORY STUDENT/PARENT MEETING on Tuesday, July 20th at 6:00pm outside of the cafeteria. You can simply drop your donation off. If your business or place of employment is willing to donate a pallet of water from SAM’S, the Booster Club will gladly pick that up. Just let us know.
Thank you so much for your support!!!!
Here is what you need to know!
– When you arrive tomorrow you need to report to the following areas
– Auxiliary report to the track field (Visitors Side of the Stadium) – There is where you will you pay your food money ($25 for one week or $50 for both weeks). This will cover your lunch for the first week and lunch and dinner for the 2nd week.
– All wind instruments and percussion will report to the cafeteria. You will pay your money there. Please report to the table with your section and pay your meal money.
Lunches and Dinners are not optional. The Boosters made a huge investment to provide these meals for you. If you do not turn in your money this week your account will be charged.
– We will have our MANDATORY STUDENT/PARENT MEETING Tuesday, July 20th at 6:00pm. The band will rehearse until 6:00 so you don’t have to make two trips to the school. It will be in the cafeteria. We will be going over all expectations for the fall and the dates for the fall. This is also the perfect time to meet with our treasurer if you have any concerns about your account.
– It is not too late for you to attend the fall trip to Orlando. Information will be available at this meeting.
– If you play a school owned instrument, your rental fee of $20.00, payable to LHS is due at tomorrow. This includes all brass, low reeds, percussion. We except cash and checks. This should be turned in to Mr. Bowman.
– Please drop off or park in the student parking lot. You will enter the cafeteria through the doors facing the school parking lot. The Student Leaders will be there to direct you in the right direction. Please do not go to the band room.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and us having a great two weeks together.
The easiest way for you to keep up with news and weather changes throughout band camp and the entire season is to download the “BAND” app on your cell phone and join the group “Lowndes High Georgia Bridgemen”. You will provide your name to join (no partial names or nicknames please).
Once you are in the app, click on the gear in the bottom right corner, then click on “my settings” and choose “receive push notifications”. That will give you up-to-the-minute information from Mr. Bowman.
During camps and rehearsals, it is very hard for directors to answer emails, as they are busy with the students every single moment.
Make it a daily habit to check: the band’s website, facebook page, or the “BAND” app. The answers to most of your questions will be posted there. If there is a schedule change (due to last minute thunderstorm), it will be posted in the “BAND” app, as soon as the decision is made.
BAND CAMP: July 19-23 and July 26-30
It’s going to be a great marching season!
The Band is very dependent on volunteers to take care of our 375+ awesome kids. This starts long before the first football game.
1) During band camp, parent volunteers serve tens of thousands of cups of water to our kids in the intense heat of the summer. We need many volunteers in the mornings and a few volunteers in the afternoons. Some people can work mornings all week, some can work all day on just a few days. You just tell us when you are available. Any help you can give is appreciated.
2) We also need volunteers to serve meals during lunch and dinner breaks.
3) Once school starts, we need help serving water during after-school practices.
We need YOU! We can work around your schedule.
Attention all Student Leaders….The link below will provide you with all the information you will need for Leadership Camp in Orlando. Please make sure you are prepared for a great three days of instruction and fun. Email Mr. Bowman if you have any questions at email@example.com.
Make plans now to attend our VOLUNTEER AND CHAPERONE MEETING this Monday, June 28th at 6:00 in the LHS cafeteria.
Mr. Bowman will be announcing our 2021 half time show and giving special event dates.
- Update your contact information.
- Express areas of interest in volunteering. ( https://forms.gle/MgV9ch1myt2WYxfG9 )
- Complete paperwork to process background check.
(You can print the forms, bring your drivers license with you, and we will notarize it at the meeting:
Employees of Lowndes County Schools are exempt, as they have already completed a background check.)
- Receive the mandatory training for all band volunteers.
- Please check your email to be sure you received the Band Statement that was emailed on 6/9/21.
- If you received the statement, ignore the rest of this message.
- If you DID NOT RECEIVE the Band Statement that was emailed on 6/9/21, please complete this form to give us your updated email address.
If you would like to be considered as a chaperone for the band trip to Universal Studios in Orlando (Nov 4-7, 2021), please complete this form. Chaperones will have double occupancy per room and a reduced rate (yet to be determined).
This form is not your commitment to go, it is only to express your interest. Once you have completed this form, you will receive further information such as exact pricing and details as they become available.
All students and parents/chaperones that will be attending the Fall 2021 Orlando trip will need to go online and register with Group Travel Network for our trip. This will get all of our students into the system for the trip and also allow you to purchase travel insurance through a third party provider. You can download the instructions from the link below. This needs to be done by Friday, May 21st, 2021.
Some important things to know when registering:
- A parent or guardian must register the student.
- Once the adult creates the account, you will add your student as a “Traveler”.
- Only pay through this site if you are buying trip insurance. For students, there are two insurance choices for “Quad” rooms: Standard travel insurance for $27 or Enhanced travel insurance for $41.
- All other payments (all except the optional insurance) will be made directly to the Lowndes High Band Boosters (by check sent to band’s P.O. Box or thru LHS online school store https://lowndes.revtrak.net/lhs-band-boosters/band-boosters-band-fee/ .)
- Parent, please use your email address, not your students school email. This will allow us to send emails to you on any updates for the trip.
- All students will select “Quad” for room type. Again, there are two insurance choices for “Quad” rooms: Standard travel insurance for $27 or Enhanced travel insurance for $41.
- When you are done with your registration you will get a message saying “your registration is not complete until a payment is made”…IGNORE THIS!!!!!! Once we send trip payments to the travel company, it will update your account at that time.
As we begin preparations for Band Camp 2021, I put together a document that may answer some questions for some of our new members as well as some good reminders for our returning members. We will be holding Band Camp the way we always have prior to this past fall. We will meet with everyone everyday. Some things to pay close attention to. We all learned a better way of doing some things during the pandemic. The one main thing we learned was having lunch on site. It was safer for the students, by that I mean we didn’t have a bunch of students jumping in cars and rushing off campus to be the first ones at the restaurants, and it was much more efficient on time. Please read this document thoroughly and don’t hesitate to email me if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All students participating in the Lowndes High Georgia Bridgemen this Fall, must have submitted Student Health Form with the band. No student will be allowed to participate in any band activities until this form is submitted through this site. This needs to be done by a Parent or Guardian.
You can access the form at the link below:
This camp is an opportunity for rising Pre-K through 8th graders in the Valdosta area to learn fun and exciting dance and prop routines from the Georgia Bridgemen Auxiliary. All skill levels are welcome! Camp participants will learn a routine and will perform during the Lowndes High School Football Game (vs. Griffin) on Friday, August, 27th. In addition, all participants will receive lunch and a t-shirt. Middle Schoolers will be given tips and information on upcoming auditions!!!
When: Saturday, August 14th, 2021 from 9:00am – 4:00pm (Registration begins at 8:30am)
Where: Lowndes High School Cafeteria
Cost: $65.00 (Includes Instruction, Activities, Lunch, T-Shirt)…If you have more than one sibling attending the camp, each additional camper is 35$.
For more information, please follow us on facebook “Lowndes High Georgia Bridgemen” or email us at email@example.com.
TO SIGN UP FOR THE CAMP, PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW!!!!
The Lowndes High School “Georgia Bridgemen” are proud to announce that registration is now open for the 17th annual “Battle on the Border” marching band competition. The competition will be held Saturday, October 16, 2021 in Martin Stadium on the Lowndes campus in Valdosta, GA.
Due to the prelims and finals format, only a limited number of performance slots are available. We cannot accept additional applications once these slots are filled. We will determine performance order by the date and time on the application. All applications must be submitted by October 4, 2021. All applications must be signed by the band director and the school principal.
For more information on the contest, including the registration form, entry fees, classification system, the judging panel, and more, please visit our Battle on the Border page.