Well here we go!!!! I know everyone is looking forward to our showdown with Marietta. Here are the details for our trip.
- You will need to arrive at band room with black pants and marching shoes on. You will not get on the bus if you do not have this on. You will need your tux shirt, red vest and bow tie packed in a carry on bag.
- You will will need to bring $5.00 for pizza. The Booster Club will be providing you Chick Fil A after the game.
- You will take your white jacket on the bus with you. You will need to hang it up in the window of the bus.
- After we stop to eat Pizza at the Rest Area, you will get fully dressed.
Our students safety on the ride home is our main concern. We are taking back up bus drivers and providing our bus drivers a place to sleep during the game. We will make several stops coming home for our drivers.
Parents, please consider dropping your child off at the school and picking them up upon our return. I worry about students driving home once we arrive back at the school early in the morning.
Band Room Opens: 12:30pm
Load Buses: 1:15pm
Depart: 1:30pm – Students taking ACT we will wait on you. You need to come straight to the school after your test.
Late Lunch/Early Dinner: 3:45pm – Rest Area. We will feed you pizza at the Rest Area
Arrive at Stadium: 6:15pm
Arrive at LHS: Approx. 4:00am
We have had several families reach out and ask about a Friends and Family Trip to Hollywood. Here is a ROUGH itinerary and pricing. Please understand that you will get to do some things with the band but at other times you will be on your own experiencing Los Angeles. Please understand as well that you will have a lot of flexibility on this trip. If there are other things you would like to do you are free to do them on your own but this is what is provided. I will need the Payment Agreement Form and Deposit in my office by January 15th, 2020. If we do not have at least 40 people committed by January 15th, 2020 we will not pursue this option.
Lowndes High School F&F – Hollywood Christmas Parade – 2020 – Itinerary 01
F&F Payment Agreement Form
The Georgia Bridgemen will be traveling to California to participate in the Hollywood Christmas Parade in November 2020. If you would like to volunteer to be considered as a chaperone for this trip, click the link below. Completing the form shows your interest in being considered to chaperone the California trip. Firm commitments and payments for adults will be completed at a later date.
Questions can be emailed to:
Director Jon Bowman
or Head Chaperone Suzanne Tanner
The Lowndes High Band will be raffling off two awesome trips this spring to help our students raise money for their trip to Hollywood next Thanksgiving. Raffle tickets are $10/ticket and you will have the chance to win one of the following trips sponsored by our incredible friends at Group Travel Network. For every ticket sold, the student will have $10 put into their student account. Tickets are available from Mr. Bowman and will also be available from the middle school directors as well.
TRIP #1 – A 4 Day, 3 Night Trip for Two to New York City
1 Room in Times Square Hotel
2 Broadway Show Tickets
Dinner for 2 at Ellen’s Stardust Diner
2 Tickets to the Top of the Rock Observation Deck
2 Tickets to Ripley’s Believe it or Not!
TRIP #2 – A 4 Day, 3 Night Trip for Two to Orlando, FL
1 Room at an Orlando area Hotel
Two day admission for two people to Universal Orlando Resort
Two Tickets to Fun Spot America
Dinner for two at Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament
The drawing for the trips will be held at our Winter Guard and Indoor Percussion Friends and Family Event, Monday, March 23rd at 7:00pm in the LHS Gym. You do not have to be present to win.
If you missed our big announcement last night, you can download the following information. Please pay very close attention to the dates outlined on these forms. There will be many more meeting to come but this is the preliminary information.
All of this is due to Mr. Bowman by November 22, 2019. If you are currently in the 8th grade, I would encourage you to mail the forms with the deposit to the following address:
LHS Band BoosterS
PO BOX 2712
VALDOSTA, GA 31601
Hollywood Parade Intent Letter – This letter is simply to say that I am going on the trip. The second page of this needs to be filled out and returned with your deposit.
PAYMENT AGREEMENT FORM 2020 TRIP – This form outlines the Payment Agreement. This form has the amount and due dates of all the payments. The second page of this form needs to be signed and returned with the deposit.
Hollywood-Itinerary(Prelim) – This is the preliminary itinerary for the trip.
I am going to try to answer a few questions that you may have on this post. Please feel free to email me with any other questions you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ’s from last night’s meeting:
- The price that is outlined is worse case scenario. We will no know an exact price until we can lock in airfare around the end of February. We are hoping the price comes down about $50-$75. Once we know the exact price, we will make that public and you will have 7 days to commit to the trip. When we get the go ahead from you, we will send your money to the travel agent to lock it in.
- We will be split over several commercial flights. There will be a school board employee and chaperones with every group on every flight. We will travel by bus to the airport with your flight group.
- Luggage will go out to LA in the semi. Students will not have to check luggage at the airport.
- We kicked off two fundraisers last night to help pay for the trip. They will be posted to the website today.
- This will be a once in a lifetime trip for our students. I would encourage you to try to make this opportunity happen. It is going to be AMAZING!!!
We will be moving away from our Facebook page over the next few weeks. We have created and app for the band that we will be using to get information our to students, parents, alumni and fans. You can simply join by going to our Facebook page and clicking on the link provided in the post.