The easiest way for you to keep up with news and weather changes throughout band camp and the entire season is to download the “BAND” app on your cell phone and join the group “Lowndes High Georgia Bridgemen”. You will provide your name to join (no partial names or nicknames please).
Once you are in the app, click on the gear in the bottom right corner, then click on “my settings” and choose “receive push notifications”. That will give you up-to-the-minute information from Mr. Bowman.
During camps and rehearsals, it is very hard for directors to answer emails, as they are busy with the students every single moment. Make it a daily habit to check: the band’s website, Facebook page, or the “BAND” app. The answers to most of your questions will be posted there. If there is a schedule change (due to last minute thunderstorm), it will be posted in the “BAND” app, as soon as the decision is made.
As a new parent or returning parent of a Georgia Bridgemen, you may wonder how you will know what is going on from week to week. There are several Facebook pages that you will definitely want to check regularly. Be sure to ‘like’ or ‘follow’ the page.
- Mr. Bowman’s Bridgemen Page (#1 source of current information from Mr. Bowman)
- Bridgemen Photos Page (Our band photographers take pictures at Band Camp, after-school practices, home games, away games, and competitions. You will definitely want to check this page to see your child in action on the field.)
- Auxiliary Facebook Page
- Bridgemen Band Store (The band store is located at the stadium for each home game, but they are also open at other times. See this page for hours and new products for sale.)
If you would like to keep these Bridgemen pages at the TOP of your newsfeed, follow these directions from Facebook:
- Click in the top right corner of any Facebook page (example: your home page).
- Select News Feed Preferences.
- Click Prioritize who to see first to make posts from people or Pages appear at the top of your News Feed.
- Choose the Bridgemen pages that you have selected to ‘like’ or ‘follow’.