I am looking forward to seeing all of you in the next few weeks. Please take a look at this document and it will go over what you will need for band camp. Please make sure you have everything you will need.
Remember the following:
- Everyone will need a 3 ring binder with sheet protectors for your music. Your name and section needs to be visible on the outside.
- All wind players need a flip folder for their stand’s music. See attachment for info.
- All brass players need a pair of baseball batting gloves for rehearsal. See attachment for info.
Please read the document below in full. There is a lot of important information.
Items for Band Camp
Our Band is very dependent on volunteers to take care of our 400+ awesome kids. This starts long before the first football game.
1) During band camp, parent volunteers serve tens of thousands of cups of water to our kids in the intense heat of the summer. We need volunteers in the morning and volunteers in the afternoon. Some people can work mornings all week, some can work all day on just a few days. Any help you can give is appreciated.
2) We also need volunteers to serve food during lunch or dinner breaks.
3) Once school starts, we need help serving water during after-school practices.
We need YOU! We can work around your schedule. Please complete this form with your availability and we will contact you about specific days and times that you can help.
Thank you so much for attending the June 22, 2020 parent volunteer training. Below you will find documents that were shared.
Band Volunteer Chaperone Orientation
Mandated Reporter Child Abuse Prevention 2020
CDC Guidance COVID-19 prevention 2020
In your child’s trip account is money that you deposited for the Hollywood trip. This trip has been cancelled, but we are planning a big trip for Spring 2021. Use the form below to tell us what you would like us to do with that money. This form can only be completed by the parent or legal guardian of the student (as listed in the school system records).
Request for Money from Hollywood Trip
The Fall Calendar has been finalized. Please go ahead and mark the important dates so nothing will catch you by surprise. You can download the calendar by clicking the link below.
Lowndes Band Fall Calendar 2020
Parents…WE NEED YOU!!! It takes a lot of volunteers to make our band successful. Some people have a lot of time to volunteer as a band parent, and other people have only a little time to spare. Either way, there is a spot for you with the band boosters. We would love to hear from you and get you plugged in. You are sure to meet some wonderful people and enjoy the time you spend helping this great organization.
- Fill out this form: Be a 2020 Parent Volunteer
- Attend the summer Band Booster Meeting on June 22, 2020 at 6:00pm, where you will complete your background check paperwork and get vital volunteer information.
- Attend Mr. Bowman’s July Mandatory Parent Meeting on July 21, 2020 at 6:00pm.
If you were not able to attend the meeting last night, here is the information that was gone over. Please take time to look through the Power Point presentation. You can also access all the forms with the links provided. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com
Rising 9th Grade Parents Meeting 2020
Letter to 9th Grade Students and Parents
Commitment Form 2020
Health Form 2020
Payment Calendar 2020
Band Camp Schedule 2020