Rehearsal from 3:30-4:30. We will rehearse what we will be doing for halftime and getting our line up for the Valdosta Christmas Parade. Choral students participating in the concert on Thursday will be excused from practice. If you are not at practice you will not travel with us to the game and will receive a grade of “0” for the performance
- You will need to bring your uniform with you to school packed in a carry on bag or your black backpack. Dress for the game will be full uniform. We will wear white jackets and hats so be prepared to have your hair up. Dress code will be enforced when you arrive at school. We will be stopping at Perimeter Mall for lunch so make sure you are dressed appropriately.
- You will need money for lunch at the mall. There is a food court and also higher end dining such as The Cheesecake Factory.
- 9:45am (End of 1st Block) – All band students report to the band room.
- 10:00am – Depart for Perimeter Mall
- 2:00pm – Lunch at Perimeter Mall
- 7:30pm – Kickoff for Lowndes vs. Milton – Please note that the game is being hosted at Denmark High School in Alpharetta.
- Immediately following the game we will load and a meal will be provided by the Booster Club for the ride home. If you are checking out, we did not order you a meal.
- 3:30am – Arrive at LHS.
- 4:00pm – All students that have instruments on the truck will need to arrive at the high school and get your instrument. Tubas and Percussion will already be loaded for the parade. We will ride to the parade just as we do for a Valdosta football game. Horns in hand, no cases. Uniform will be full uniform minus black hats. We will be wearing Santa hats and you will need to come to the band room and get one before meeting in the cafeteria.
- 4:45pm – Meet in the Cafe fully dressed, horn in hand.
- 5:00pm – Depart for Valdosta Christmas Parade
- 6:00pm – Parade steps off
- We are the first band in the parade. We should be done by 7:00pm and back at LHS by 7:30pm. We do not allow checkouts from the parade. You will need to pick up your child at LHS. Parents, please remember to park on the West side of Patterson St. so you are not blocked in by the parade. If you plan on staying for the entire parade, please make arrangements to have your student picked up at the school by 7:30pm.
IF THERE LOOKS TO BE A SITUATION WITH THE WEATHER FOR THE PARADE I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED VIA FACEBOOK AND REMIND!